If you enjoy the outdoors, the WCC is looking for volunteers to help build trails.
Because the Wells Conservation Commission is an all-volunteer effort, there is always more than enough work to go around! If you are interested in lending a hand, here are some ways you can help the Commission conserve the natural resources of Wells:
- Educating the public about conservation alternatives
- Researching and negotiating purchases of land and conservation easements
- Building trails
- Photographing natural history
- Maintaining interpretive stations
- Monitoring conservation land
- Supporting conservation alternatives in the school system
- Attending public events
- Establishing other Conservation Lands and Wildlife Commons in town
- Supporting land bank appropriations
- And more…
Contact the Commission if you would like to volunteer. We’d love to hear from you!